Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mark-a-doodle-do....Mark-a-doodle-do


I wasn’t too sure what to start with as the first post in this marketing blog of mine. So..let me first tell you how I named my blog or rather how I chose a brand name for this brand new baby.
The first name I chose was ‘Pambers’. Pambers? ..what does that mean. It means nothing. History has it that names which mean nothing and phrases which mean nothing at all, have become something. And so I thought ‘Pambers..pampers with a B’ could actually become something. Elaborating the above point, I thought I can ‘Pamper the grey marketing cells of fellow enthusiasts with my blog’. Well, I still think the same but only that I figured out that the name I chose was a bad idea.
The next name I choose was “Half-baked cashew-nut” [got inspired by the long names such as ‘Red hot chili-peppers’, ‘Lock, stock and two smoking barrels’etc ;)]. Cashew-nut represents hastiness and the word ‘half-baked’ also means the same. I wanted the name to be kinda cool and also to convey that I am a growing or rather only an aspiring Marketer. The name is definitely cool..but why did I go against choosing it? Well, I am only an amateur Marketer..agreed. But I know I would someday surpass the amateur Marketer tag and become a full grown expert Marketer. And that day, I don’t want myself to feel amateurish about my blog, as I hope to keep this blogging activity throughout my marketing career. So, I went against choosing this second name only on a long-term perspective for my blogging activity.
For a long time, the image of rooster had been crossing my mind every now and then..didn’t know why. I felt that rooster represents ‘Awakening’ and I had always liked the word ‘awakening’ and what the word means partly due to my nature and partly due to the Vivekananda effect. But by Googling, I found out more about ‘The Roosters’. Roosters represent Vigilant wakefulness, Intellectual pride, courage, strength, perseverance, honesty, flamboyance etc, and also of passion, war and light of the world. The olden days Greeks believed that even lions were afraid of cocks [Hey think straight..no pun here ;) ]. And these are the very qualities, I think a marketer should possess. And so..
MARK-A-DOODLE-DO..the rooster begins its journey :).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a good post. I think you should also write on the non-branded not-good fake mineral water sachets sold in India in your article

Hollow Bamboo said...

Thanks thiyagu, i thought i mentioned about the fake waters in that article. Thanks anyways....keep reading.

UA-46463885-1